The objects for which the Prince Alfred Old Collegians Association is established are enshrined in the organisation’s constitution:
- “The furtherance of all that appertains to the welfare of Prince Alfred College.”
- “The promotion of unity and friendship amoungst the Old Scholars of Prince Alfred College.”
- “The maintenance of the interest of the Old Scholars in Prince Alfred College.”
In practical terms this means that the goals and objectives of the Prince Alfred Old Collegians Association are threefold:
- To make donations if and when it is necessary, as deemed appropriate by the Association management committee, to Prince Alfred College in the form of scholarships, bequests to the building fund and other worthwhile causes at the School as may arise from time to time.
- To underwrite and support the various reunions and activities, including the many sporting clubs that represent the Association and provide a forum for Old Scholars to play sport and socialise almost every week of the year.
- To encourage Old Scholars of Prince Alfred College to generally keep in touch with each other and what is happening in the School community as a whole via various reunions and activities.